(CPT) PERSONAL TRAINER CERTIFICATION COURSE
Our CPT course is entry-level; geared toward developing a solid foundation for a health and fitness career as a fitness instructor. The course prepares students for the Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) exam.
Click Here for Course Schedules
Upcoming CPT Classes -
- March 29/30-South Frederick Sport and Health – $450 through March 26- after $505- - use code dis2 for 15% off (first 6 registrants) – 8am-6pm both days
- April 11-13(THREE DAY CLASS)-Olympus Gym- Sterling, Va., -$450 through April 5- after $505 – use code dis2 for 15% off (first 6 registrants) -Event Dates and Times:
- Friday, April 11 – 2pm-6:30pm
- Saturday,April 12 – 9am-5pm
- Sunday, April 13 -9am-5pm
- April 26/27- Arena Club – Bel Air - $450 through April 19- after $505- - use code dis2 for 15% off (first 6 registrants) – 8am-6pm both days
- May 17/18 - Merritt Athletic Club Cranbrook - $450 through May 10- after $505- - use code dis2 for 15% off (first 6 registrants) – 8am-6pm both days
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
- Present and aspiring Personal Trainers
- Those interested in a possible career change to the health/fitness industry
- Recreational athletes
- General fitness enthusiasts
- Must be 18 years of age.
- A valid CPR certification is required in order for any NSPA certification to be valid. We are no longer requiring proof of current CPR status, but, at any time, during your certification period with NSPA, you must have a valid CPR certification in order for your NSPA certification to be valid.
COURSE HIGHLIGHTS – 2 DAY WORKSHOP
- Muscle Function and Awareness/Basic Physiology
- Reaching Your Potential as an Instructor
- Physical Assessments – Lecture and Application
- Principles of Training
- Developing a Fitness Program
- Aerobic Exercise Prescription
- Strength Training/Proper Technique and Spotting
- Flexibility Techniques
- Nutritional Guidelines
This course consists of two, nine-hour days of lecture, hands-on instruction, and demonstration.
Lectures are supported with practical application, emphasizing small group interaction and personal instruction conducted by NSPA Conditioning Specialist teaching staff.
The student does not test during the 2 day workshop. They take the materials home and study. When they are ready NSPA Offers testing every 4th Saturday of the month. The exam fee is $50. The student can sign up for the exam online. The registration opens in the beginning of the month for the exam that is being held that month. See the testing schedule.
Click Here for more Information on Testing
Cancellation of a Certification Course MUST BE IN WRITING(we will accept email) and postmarked 14 days prior to the scheduled course date. Or call 800-494-6772. There is a cancellation fee equal to 20% of the course fee. Less than 14 days cancellation notice is subject to a 30% cancellation fee, or the total course fee may be applied toward the next scheduled Certification Course. NSPA reserves the right to cancel/postpone courses at our own discretion.